When you plan on serving something like taramosalata, you want to be sure that whatever you are serving it with is going to be a blank canvas to carry the incredible flavour of the taramosalata without over-powering or altering it. That’s why I decided to serve the tub of Mediterranean Delicacies Taramosalata with pita chips when I had guests over recently.
The pita chips are incredibly easy to make and require no recipe. The way they go slightly crispy but still stay chewy is just wonderful and dipped into the aromatic and flavourful taramosalata, they make a great snack with drinks!
You will need:
1 pita bread per person, cut into wedges
2 tsp olive oil per pita bread
crushed garlic (optional)
Mediterranean Delicacies taramosalata, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°c.
- Combine the olive oil and garlic, if using, and brush over the pita triangles.
- Arrange the pita bread wedges on a baking sheet in a single layer and place in the oven.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes then turn the wedges over.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes until the pitas are golden and crisp.
- Serve with bowls of taramosalata.